C’est magnifique! New stall on Norwich Market provides a taste of France
- Credit: Madeleine Hutt
From croissants to pan fried cod cheeks, a new business is bringing a taste of France to the city.
Jakey Le Bakey opened on Norwich Market at the beginning of July and has been cooking up a storm over the last few weeks.
The stall is run by Jake Gower and Madeleine Hutt from Hertfordshire, who spent the last year living in France.
Mr Gower said: 'I have always loved France, particularly the Languedoc area. The thing I enjoy about the cuisine is that once you've mastered the basics you can adapt recipes and create something of your own.
'I was impressed by how many independent cafes and restaurants there are in Norwich, there is a real foodie atmosphere here and we wanted to get right amongst it.'
You may also want to watch:
Miss Hutt, who studied French at UEA in 2009, added: 'I fell in love with Norwich when I first visited for my course so I was very happy to return.
'The city is growing into a diverse hub of food outlets, so it made sense to come here to find a home for Jakey Le Bakey.'
Jakey Le Bakey is located at 32-33 Norwich Market. For more information visit facebook.com/jakeythebakey27
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 7 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 10 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street