C’est magnifique! New stall on Norwich Market provides a taste of France
- Credit: Madeleine Hutt
From croissants to pan fried cod cheeks, a new business is bringing a taste of France to the city.
Jakey Le Bakey opened on Norwich Market at the beginning of July and has been cooking up a storm over the last few weeks.
The stall is run by Jake Gower and Madeleine Hutt from Hertfordshire, who spent the last year living in France.
Mr Gower said: 'I have always loved France, particularly the Languedoc area. The thing I enjoy about the cuisine is that once you've mastered the basics you can adapt recipes and create something of your own.
'I was impressed by how many independent cafes and restaurants there are in Norwich, there is a real foodie atmosphere here and we wanted to get right amongst it.'
You may also want to watch:
Miss Hutt, who studied French at UEA in 2009, added: 'I fell in love with Norwich when I first visited for my course so I was very happy to return.
'The city is growing into a diverse hub of food outlets, so it made sense to come here to find a home for Jakey Le Bakey.'
Jakey Le Bakey is located at 32-33 Norwich Market. For more information visit facebook.com/jakeythebakey27
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 10 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden