Bullards take home awards from international festival, and announce new flavour in the mix
- Credit: Bullards
A gin distilled in the back of a Norwich pub has won worldwide acclaim having taken home silver and bronze awards at the International Wine and Spirit Competition.
Bullards Gin made at The Ten Bells on St Benedicts Street in Norwich, also took home two Great Taste awards.
The competition's judging panel blind-tasted two of the gins, earning the Norwich Dry Gin a bronze and the Strawberry and Black Pepper Gin a bronze and silver in different categories.
Company Director, Craig Allison, says: 'We're delighted to have picked up these awards as they give customers real confidence that when they're buying Bullards, they're buying an authentic gin packed full of flavour and handcrafted with passion.
'We are extremely proud of our team, who in less than three years, have earned kudos from judges around the world – all from our small distillery in the back of a Norwich pub.
You may also want to watch:
'We're looking forward to the reaction to our third flavour which will be on the shelves from October.'
The two gins also stood out amongst their 12,634 competitors and received a One Star Great Taste award.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 6 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 7 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
These latest wins come less than 18 months after Bullards Norwich Dry Gin won Best London Dry Gin in the World Drinks Awards in 2017.
Founded as a brewery in 1837 and reborn as a gin distillery in 2015, Bullards is the only distillery to distil and bottle from the back of a pub.
Having recently registered 'The Spirit of Norwich' as a trademark, Bullards is currently putting the final touches to a new flavour and packaging, to be unveiled in October.