Brotherhood of Man draw fans from Germany for their Mundesley summer gig
Fans from as far afield as Germany are heading to Mundesley this summer to see 1970s Eurovision song contest winners Brotherhood of Man.
The group are among the star attractions in August's Mundesley Festival programme, which features a week of entertainment from big band to jazz.
Festival manager Derek Kirk said tickets were going well especially the Jonathan Wyatt Big Band on Monday and Richard Digance on Tuesday.
One man from Germany had also been in contact for tickets to see Brotherhood of Man, who still have the same line-up as when they won Eurovision with Save Your Kisses for Me in 1976, which went on to top the hit parade in 33 different countries.
Nicky Stevens, Sandra Stevens, Martin Lee, and Lee Sheriden also had two more number ones, Angelo and Figaro in 1977 and 1978, five hit albums, 26 platinum, gold and silver discs.
Another top group from the previous decade are also on the festival programme, as the Bachelors with John Stokes, recreate classic hits such as Charmaine, Diane, and I Believe.
The festival box office opens in the village on Monday June 20, next to information centre on the central shoppers car park.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 7 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 10 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
The full programme from August 1-5 is:
Monday – Jonathan Wyatt Big Band
Tuesday – Richard Digance music and comedy
Wednesday – Digby Fairweather jazz
Thursday – Brotherhood of Man
Friday – John Stokes' Bachelors
All the concerts take place in the 182-seater Coronation Hall at 7.45pm. For tickets, �12.50, and information phone 01263 721189, 07867 632998, visit www.mundesleyfestival.co.uk.or call at the box office, which is open from 10-4 Monday to Friday and 10-12 on Saturdays.