Britain's Got Talent star to join Katherine Jenkins
Annabelle DicksonOpera prodigy Faryl Smith will be performing at Sandringham Estate with Katherine Jenkins this summer.Annabelle Dickson
Opera prodigy Faryl Smith will be performing at Sandringham Estate with Katherine Jenkins this summer.
The teenage star will make a special guest appearance at the open air concert in August, which is based on the Last Night of the Proms.
The Britain's Got Talent star shares a manager with the Welsh opera beauty and is said to have been taken under Miss Jenkins' wing since she signed her record deal.
The 13-year-old shot to fame after entering the ITV talent show last year. She secured one of the largest record deals ever awarded to a school girl as a result of the show and she has since entered the record books as the fastest selling solo debut classical album of all time, entering the charts at number six before moving up two positions a week later.
Miss Smith sang to a packed Twickenham during the Six Nations Rugby tournament earlier this year.
The concert at Sandringham has already attracted a great deal of interest, and publicists last night said tickets were selling fast.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 3 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 4 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 5 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 6 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 7 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 8 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 9 Soldier from Norwich jailed over rape of girl
- 10 From pot washer to head chef: 17-year-old's remarkable rise to the top
As part of Sandringham Estate 'Last Night of the Proms', Miss Jenkins and Miss Smith will be supported by the National Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Anthony Inglis.
The concert is on August 8. For details or to book tickets, visit www.ticketeast.co.uk, or call 0871 224 1113.