Seven wonders of the world Lego exhibition to open in Norwich
- Credit: Warren Elsmore
Lego lovers are in for a special treat as the Brick Wonders exhibition heads to Norwich.
Taking place at The Forum on Millennium Plain, the family-friendly exhibition curated by artist Warren Elsmore features 500,000 Lego bricks crafted into the seven wonders of the world.
The event runs from Friday, December 1 to Sunday, January 21 2018 and invites visitors to travel from an Egyptian pyramid to the Matterhorn Mountain, enjoy the Aurora Australis (Southern Lights) and take in the bustle of Old London Bridge.
There will also be a chance to re-discover everyday marvels such as electricity and the Internet as well as a centrepiece of a 2x4 metre model of an airport, complete with working runway lights.
Brick Wonders also features many more Lego structures including mosaics and dioramas and visitors to The Gallery will be able to enjoy Lego films and get creative on a graffiti wall.
You may also want to watch:
Warren Elsmore, Curator of Brick Wonders said: 'We're all really excited to bring Brick Wonders to Norwich this Christmas! It is the first time that any of our exhibitions have been to East Anglia, but we're sure it won't be the last.'
Richard Fair, Events Manager at The Forum added: 'Visitors to The Forum are in for a special treat this December and January - where else can you take in the seven wonders of the world and much more within one exhibition space? It's quite staggering to see the work and creativity that has gone into Brick Wonders - we can't wait for the exhibition to open.'
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
Jarrold will also be hosting an additional Brick Wonders exhibition piece in its London Street store from December 1 to January 21.
Selina Clarke, toy buyer at Jarrold said: 'Lego is one of our top selling toys, perhaps because it is still a firm favourite of people of all ages and the bricks offer endless building opportunities. It's exciting that this exhibition is coming to The Forum and Jarrold.'
The Exhibition will be open daily between 10am and 4pm, closing only between December 24-26.