Bressingham’s Steampunk fest celebrates the Victorian era
- Credit: Archant
A south Norfolk tourist railway station is going full steam head and embrace all things Steampunk next weekend.
Bressingham Steam and gardens, near Diss is staging possibly Norfolk's first Steampunk weekend on Saturday April 11 and Sunday April 12 from 10.30pm to 5pm.
Alastair Baker, Bressingham's manager has fully entered into the Steampunk spirit, by growing then waxing his beard, shaving his head and purchasing a bowler hat to go with his all black look.
Mr Baker said: 'We are really looking forward to our Steampunk transformation at the weekend. It's going to be great fun.
'We hope that Bressingham will become the key Norfolk venue on the Steampunk circuit.'
You may also want to watch:
The Steampunk Weekend will host a special Vagabonds Ball from 7.30pm on the Saturday evening, when Crooked Theatre presents Metropolis, Gladstone and Thy Last Drop.
Mike Bingham who is co-ordinating all the Steampunk activities over the weekend said: 'Bressingham Steam Museum and Gardens is a fantastic venue in which to bring the Steampunk aesthetic.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 7 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 10 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
'My aim is to fill the place with top hats, bustles and extraordinary gadgets of Victorian science fiction.
'This is the first full weekend Steampunk event in Norfolk and I hope it will grow and become the 'go to' annual Steampunk gathering.'
The family fun weekend also features a Steampunk market, magic, storytelling, steam driven gallopers, tea duelling, umbrella fencing, Victorian games and a host of entertainment.
Ticket prices on the day for adult's are £13.99, concessions £12.59, child £9.99. Weekend passes can also be purchased in advance for £18.45 adult, concessions £17, child £14.45. Weekend pass and Vagabonds Ball in advance £23.45 adult, £22 concessions. Tickets for the Vagabonds Ball only in advance is £10.00.
For information and tickets visit www.bressingham.co.uk/steampunk or visit the ticket office on site.