Bressingham’s Steampunk fest celebrates the Victorian era
- Credit: Archant
A south Norfolk tourist railway station is going full steam head and embrace all things Steampunk next weekend.
Bressingham Steam and gardens, near Diss is staging possibly Norfolk's first Steampunk weekend on Saturday April 11 and Sunday April 12 from 10.30pm to 5pm.
Alastair Baker, Bressingham's manager has fully entered into the Steampunk spirit, by growing then waxing his beard, shaving his head and purchasing a bowler hat to go with his all black look.
Mr Baker said: 'We are really looking forward to our Steampunk transformation at the weekend. It's going to be great fun.
'We hope that Bressingham will become the key Norfolk venue on the Steampunk circuit.'
The Steampunk Weekend will host a special Vagabonds Ball from 7.30pm on the Saturday evening, when Crooked Theatre presents Metropolis, Gladstone and Thy Last Drop.
Mike Bingham who is co-ordinating all the Steampunk activities over the weekend said: 'Bressingham Steam Museum and Gardens is a fantastic venue in which to bring the Steampunk aesthetic.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 4 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 7 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
- 8 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 9 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 10 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk
'My aim is to fill the place with top hats, bustles and extraordinary gadgets of Victorian science fiction.
'This is the first full weekend Steampunk event in Norfolk and I hope it will grow and become the 'go to' annual Steampunk gathering.'
The family fun weekend also features a Steampunk market, magic, storytelling, steam driven gallopers, tea duelling, umbrella fencing, Victorian games and a host of entertainment.
Ticket prices on the day for adult's are £13.99, concessions £12.59, child £9.99. Weekend passes can also be purchased in advance for £18.45 adult, concessions £17, child £14.45. Weekend pass and Vagabonds Ball in advance £23.45 adult, £22 concessions. Tickets for the Vagabonds Ball only in advance is £10.00.
For information and tickets visit www.bressingham.co.uk/steampunk or visit the ticket office on site.