Brendan Cole axed from Strictly Come Dancing after 13 years
- Credit: PA
Brendan Cole will not be returning to Strictly Come Dancing - because bosses have not asked him back.
The professional dancer, who joined the BBC1 show when it first started in 2004, said he was in 'shock' and 'disappointed' at the decision.
Cole, 41, told ITV show Lorraine: 'It's hard to talk about. The BBC haven't renewed my contract.
'They made an editorial decision to not have me on the show. I'm quite emotional.
'I'm a little bit disappointed. It's very hard to talk about. It's a recent decision, I've always known this day will come....
'It's an editorial decision. I'm a very strong character within the show, I had my strong views.'
But he said: 'I would have preferred to have made the decision myself.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 4 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 6 Boss 'gutted' after scenes cut from Ed Balls' Who Do You Think You Are?
- 7 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 8 OPINION: Delight when 'all you can eat' restaurants get their comeuppance
- 9 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 10 Mercedes owner clocked doing 113mph on A47 escapes driving ban
The New Zealander, who clashed with head judge Shirley Ballas in the last series, has previously said of his future: 'Every year I have this argument with myself, do I want to do another series?'
He previously said he thinks the professional dancers in the last series were 'not allowed to have an opinion on anything', and that Ballas is his 'colleague', not his 'superior'.
Last year Cole, who was rumoured to have applied for the head judge role, and his partner Charlotte Hawkins became the third couple to leave the series.
He was in Norwich on Sunday where he performed two shows from his latest tour Brenda Cole, All Night Long at the Theatre Royal. The show will be The Regent Theatre in Ipswich on February 17.