Blur drummer Dave Rowntree to DJ at new Britpop night at Open in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A member of one of the biggest bands in the world has been unveiled as the guest DJ at an exciting new 90s music night in Norwich.
Dave Rowntree, the drummer with Blur, will play a 90-minute set of indie tunes at the inaugural Common People night on Saturday, February 18.
The Britpop, Indie and Chill 90s night is being held at Open in Norwich and will feature three DJs across two rooms, playing five hours of classics from the era.
Dave, who lives in Norfolk, said: 'I'm really excited to be involved with something new like this and when I heard about the plans I was keen to get involved in any way possible.
'I've been lucky enough to witness first-hand how much some of the songs from this era mean to people and I just know it's going to be a fantastic night.'
Inspired by the hugely successful Soul Train, also held at Open and featuring the best soul, funk and disco, Common People will only happen twice or three times a year, so is an event not to be missed.
Jon Rogers, co-promoter along with David Powles and Open, said: 'We've been overwhelmed by the positive reaction so far and how many people have already purchased tickets.
- 1 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 2 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 5 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 6 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 9 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 10 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
'To have managed to secure Dave Rowntree, a member of arguably one of the best British bands of all time, let alone the 90s, is a dream come true. We are really grateful to him for agreeing to get involved.'
The event runs from 9pm to 2am and is for over 18s only.
Tickets are £9 and can be purchased online here
Follow @CommonPeopleNor on Twitter or join the Common People group on Facebook