Bluetones on the road again
COLIN WILSON The Bluetones continue their renaissance with another tour, which calls in at Norwich Arts Centre this Saturday.
The Bluetones continue their renaissance with another tour, which calls in at Norwich Arts Centre this Saturday (8pm).
The release of 1995's Are You Blue or Are You Blind? marked the start of a chart career which has included 13 hits so far, most notably their classic 1996 number two (and playlist-hugger) Slight Return.
Their debut album Expecting to Fly went straight into the album chart at number one.
You may also want to watch:
The 'Tones have been lumped in with the whole Britpop thing. But unlike other bands you might name, they didn't look to the likes of the Beatles and the Kinks, but, instead, looked over to the Atlantic for inspiration to the likes of Buffalo Springfield and Neil Young.
The band were reunited with producer Hugh Jones for their eponymous fifth album and then there's the career-spanning singles and B-sides album A Rough Outline, and they will be releasing a BBC Radio Sessions CD soon.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
Their new single Surrendered was released on February 19.
Circuits and local outfit Lot 55 are in support.
t Tickets for this seated gig are £12 adv, £13 door, 01603 660352, or book online at www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk