Bluesgrass group the Newgrass Cutters playing on Cromer Pier
- Credit: Archant
A progressive bluesgrass band will be performing at an end-of-the-pier theatre.
The Newgrass Cutters, a four-piece group, are playing at the Pavilion Theatre in Cromer on Friday May 1 at 8pm.
Band members are all veterans of the UK music scene and have worked with many of the biggest names in the music industry.
They play contemporary and classic songs.
Pete Brown, lead vocalist, mandolin and lapsteel player, started his career playing guitar with his father Joe Brown aged 15.
You may also want to watch:
Over the years he has worked with many top artists both live and in the studio including Deep Purple, David Gilmour, George Harrison, Dusty Springfield, Sade, Nick Lowe, Dave Edmunds, Courtney Pine and Status Quo.
Drummer and lead vocalist Phil Capaldi has been the drummer/vocalist with Joe Brown for the last 20 years.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 4 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 9 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 10 Popular wine merchant took his own life, inquest hears
He has also worked with his brother Jim Capaldi (Traffic), Dave Edmunds, The Flying Burrito Brothers and The Nashville Superpickers.
A leading light in he UK bluegrass scene Richard Collins – banjo and mandolin player and vocalist - is a three time winner of the UK banjo championships.
Double bass player and vocalist Mike Nichols has been a freelance bass player for many years and he has worked with artists including The Drifters, The Supremes and Toyah Willcox as well as West End shows including Grease, Dirty Dancing, Wicked and The Jersey Boys.
Tickets cost £15 for concessions and £16 for adults. To book call 01263 512495 or visit www.cromer-pier.com