Bluebell Wood open days to showcase bumper year
- Credit: Archant
The owners of Norfolk Bluebell Wood Burial Park at Hainford have issued a public invitation to its open days on April 21-22 and 28-29 from 10am to 4pm to view what could be an 'unprecedented display' of bluebells.
Owner Andrew Morton said: 'We don't charge a fee for entry, but it would be great if people could donate to the Teenage Cancer Trust. There will also be a catering marquee, with all the profits also going to the Trust.
'We've opened up the tree canopy because we needed to address trees with disease and those that had been weakened by winter storms.
'The additional light has resulted in an unprecedented amount of plants springing up. The wood dates back to 1792 and I would imagine bluebells dormant for hundreds of years have sprung to life this year.'
A mobility buggy is available and dogs on leads are welcome.
You may also want to watch:
For more information call 01603 898021 or visit www.norfolkbluebellwood.co.uk
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor