Bluebell Wood open days to showcase bumper year
- Credit: Archant
The owners of Norfolk Bluebell Wood Burial Park at Hainford have issued a public invitation to its open days on April 21-22 and 28-29 from 10am to 4pm to view what could be an 'unprecedented display' of bluebells.
Owner Andrew Morton said: 'We don't charge a fee for entry, but it would be great if people could donate to the Teenage Cancer Trust. There will also be a catering marquee, with all the profits also going to the Trust.
'We've opened up the tree canopy because we needed to address trees with disease and those that had been weakened by winter storms.
'The additional light has resulted in an unprecedented amount of plants springing up. The wood dates back to 1792 and I would imagine bluebells dormant for hundreds of years have sprung to life this year.'
A mobility buggy is available and dogs on leads are welcome.
You may also want to watch:
For more information call 01603 898021 or visit www.norfolkbluebellwood.co.uk
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash