Blondie tribute band is among Overstrand Rockstock acts
- Credit: Archant
Get ready to fill your heads with rock at this year's Rockstock VII live music event, which is being staged at Overstrand on Saturday.
The annual event, which is popular with rock fans of all ages, has now established itself on the Norfolk music scene and has over the years built a reputation for great music and value for money.
Among the other bands performing between 3pm and 11.30pm are local Blondie tribute band Parallel Times, as well as Flash Mob, Hangover Square and Bernie's Midnight Shift.
Parallel Times's vocalist Julie Bunn won a national talent competition at the London Palladium at the age of nine and has been a professional singer since the age of 16. She has made solo recordings and worked in television and radio. Her looks and voice are uncannily like those of Debbie Harry and it was with the encouragement of her friends that Julie started to perform her own solo Blondie tribute act in 2008.
While having a night off from performing, she saw a local band called the Frozen Raspberries and this set her thinking about incorporating a live band into her show. The musicians were immediately interested in the opportunity to work with Julie and to play some of the amazing Blondie material.
The band's drummer is Drew Gray who owns Cromer Gift Ware. He also plays with the Hucklebucks as well as rock cover band Stonewood, and still drums for reunion gigs with Pinto, a band he played with in the 70s and 80s.
The other band members are Graham Kibart, Marty Drew and Martin Storer.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 4 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 5 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 8 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Taxi driver hopes to be named Miss Voluptuous UK
Rockstock is very much a family day with a special family ticket price of £20 for two adults and two children. There is a barbecue and licensed bar.
The event is organised by Overstrand Sports Club and raises money for the Overstrand Millennium Playground and the Sports Club.
Tickets can be bought at the gate or in advance from Overstrand Village Stores or Cromer Gift Ware, Garden Street Cromer.