Blickling proms concert offers chance to plan summer picnic
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2012
A summer classical music concert at Blickling Park is offering the chance to forget about lingering frosts and dream of sunny picnics.
Tickets are on sale for the Last Night of the Blickling Proms event on Saturday August 10.
It will feature the Sinfonia Viva orchestra playing a mix of movie themes - including James Bond classics - as well as flag-waving proms favourites including Rule Britannia, Jerusalem and Land of Hope and Glory.
In the sky there will be a choreographed display by a Spitfire fighter, which proved a bit hit with last year's crowds, and a firework finale.
On the ground, at the idyllic lakeside setting in the National Trust's park, concertgoers are being encouraged to picnic in style, with candleabras, flags, food and wine.
Lisa Ward of Revival Productions, which is promoting the event with support from the EDP, said: 'Nobody does picnics like the British and last year's event saw over 5,000 visitors arrive at Blickling to enjoy what was to be a great British celebration.
'The vast majority bought their own picnics in hampers, backpacks and even wheel-barrows, brimming with delicious fayre to enjoy with friends whilst singing along to some crowd-rousing favourites.'
- 1 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 2 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 5 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 6 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 7 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 8 Serial beggar jailed for 12 weeks after breaching Criminal Behaviour Order
- 9 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 10 Driver banned for being fraction over limit
For those who would rather not carry their own picnics, Byfords of Holt will be producing special wicker hammers with plates, cutlery and napkins. They can be pre-ordered for the event - with two options available including terrines, salads and fruit, cold meats and smoked fish.
The organisers have recruited local suppliers who will be at the event. They include Briston-based family butcher H V Graves who will be providing a hog roast, barbecue and burgers using locally-sourced meat and rolls from their own bakery.
Other Norfolk producers who will be present on the night will be Norfolk Farmhouse Ice-cream from Dereham and Express Coffees from Norwich.
For more information on menu options and to order picnics or hog roast/barbecue (for 20 guests +) call 01263 734711.
Visitors are being encouraged to book tickets early as numbers will be restricted to ensure the enjoyment of those attending.
Tickets are available for £32 (group discounts available). Visit www.revival-productions.co.uk or call the box office on 01263 734711. No booking fees are charged and car and coach parking on the night is free.