Blickling proms concert is back - with tribute to first world war
- Credit: Archant
A popular summer outdoor 'proms' concert is heading back to Blickling Hall again next year - and commemorating the outbreak of the first world war as its theme.
The Blickling Proms spectacular will be on Saturday August 9 in the National Trust property's picnic parkland.
But early bird tickets are already on sale at a discounted price until the end of January.
The concert, supported by the EDP, follows successful events at the venue over the past two years.
It will feature the Sinfonia Viva orchestra under conductor Roderick Dunk and mezzo soprano Jessica Walker.
Pilot Carolyn Grace will again dance her Spitfire plane in the sky during a choreographed display, and fireworks over the lake will provide a spectacular finale.
The first half of the concert will include a nostalgic sing-along of some of the best-loved songs from the first world war, including It's a Long Way to Tipperary, Keep the Home Fires Burning and Pack up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit Bag.
- 1 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 2 The homeless newlyweds who have lived in their car for a year
- 3 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 4 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 5 Family's heartache as dog dies after being hit by Amazon van
- 6 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 7 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 8 Obituary: Farm merchant who helped save revered brewing barley dies aged 81
- 9 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 10 Man avoids jail for entering ex-partner's home in court order breach
The second half will contain a poignant remembrance before the rousing sounds of Rule Britannia, Jerusalem and Land of Hope and Glory provide a flag-waving last night of the proms-style climax.
The concert has free parking, and encourages people to bring picnics.
?Early bird tickets costing £29 are available online at www.revival-productions.co.uk or the box office (from Monday December 2) on 01263 734711; group discounts of up to 20pc are also available. From February 1, tickets will be £33 (£36 on the night).