Blicking summer stars revealed
Some of Blickling Hall’s summer line-up has been officially revealed with confirmation of two ageing rock acts and a young pop starlet.
Some of Blickling Hall's summer line-up has been officially revealed with confirmation of two ageing rock acts and a young pop starlet.
As forecast by the EDP last week, American singer Meat Loaf, veteran rockers Status Quo and Pop Idol winner Will Young will be entertaining fans at the National Trust's flagship venue in July.
Whilst tickets for the gigs on July 15, 16 and 17 go on sale from 9am today, music bosses remain tight-lipped about the two remaining acts, which are scheduled for the weekend of July 23 and 24.
However, they promised a surprise next week for the people who were expecting pop pin ups Anastacia and Ronan Keating, who were anticipated to complete the line-up.
The lakeside setting of the Blickling estate has featured the likes of Sir Cliff Richard, Donny Osmond, Tom Jones, Roger Daltry and Chris de Burgh since the summer concerts started in 1998.
Shirley Donovan, Blickling events manager, said she hoped this year's gigs would provide something for everyone.
- 1 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 2 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 4 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 5 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 6 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 7 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 8 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 9 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 10 Multiple fire crews tackle farm blaze overnight
“Last year we did not deliberately target the older audience, but it was just a matter of who was on tour and who was available. It will be a different audience this time around and we hope we have broadened the field,” she said. “I think the line-up is great.”
The three acts were confirmed as part of Clear Channel Entertainment's Summer Nights series, which will be touring halls and castles across the country, along with Luciano Pavarotti, Ronan Keating and Van Morrison.
Tickets for Meat Loaf on Friday July 15 will cost £40.
The portly 53-year-old rocker has sold 30 million copies of his 1977 “Bat Out Of Hell” album across the world. Status Quo are famed for their live performances and timeless anthem “Rockin' All Over The World”. Tickets for their July 16 gig cost £37.50.
Will Young has earned rave reviews and record sales since his success on TV fame show Pop Idol in 2002. His July 17 concert costs £37.50 per head.
t Call the box office on 0870 010 4900 or visit www.getLIVE.co.uk/SummerNights.