Blicking summer stars revealed
Some of Blickling Hall’s summer line-up has been officially revealed with confirmation of two ageing rock acts and a young pop starlet.
Some of Blickling Hall's summer line-up has been officially revealed with confirmation of two ageing rock acts and a young pop starlet.
As forecast by the EDP last week, American singer Meat Loaf, veteran rockers Status Quo and Pop Idol winner Will Young will be entertaining fans at the National Trust's flagship venue in July.
Whilst tickets for the gigs on July 15, 16 and 17 go on sale from 9am today, music bosses remain tight-lipped about the two remaining acts, which are scheduled for the weekend of July 23 and 24.
However, they promised a surprise next week for the people who were expecting pop pin ups Anastacia and Ronan Keating, who were anticipated to complete the line-up.
You may also want to watch:
The lakeside setting of the Blickling estate has featured the likes of Sir Cliff Richard, Donny Osmond, Tom Jones, Roger Daltry and Chris de Burgh since the summer concerts started in 1998.
Shirley Donovan, Blickling events manager, said she hoped this year's gigs would provide something for everyone.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
“Last year we did not deliberately target the older audience, but it was just a matter of who was on tour and who was available. It will be a different audience this time around and we hope we have broadened the field,” she said. “I think the line-up is great.”
The three acts were confirmed as part of Clear Channel Entertainment's Summer Nights series, which will be touring halls and castles across the country, along with Luciano Pavarotti, Ronan Keating and Van Morrison.
Tickets for Meat Loaf on Friday July 15 will cost £40.
The portly 53-year-old rocker has sold 30 million copies of his 1977 “Bat Out Of Hell” album across the world. Status Quo are famed for their live performances and timeless anthem “Rockin' All Over The World”. Tickets for their July 16 gig cost £37.50.
Will Young has earned rave reviews and record sales since his success on TV fame show Pop Idol in 2002. His July 17 concert costs £37.50 per head.
t Call the box office on 0870 010 4900 or visit www.getLIVE.co.uk/SummerNights.