Blakeney Players’ winter show to take audience on a journey from London to Moscow
- Credit: Archant
A music and mystery-filled trek from London to Moscow sets the scene for north Norfolk amateur dramatics group the Blakeney Players' annual winter production, which opens at Blakeney Village Hall tonight
Entitled A Christmas Package, the comic caper follows the fortunes of a series of secret agents as they transport a parcel through cities including Paris and Venice in order to save Christmas.
The journey of the mysterious parcel eventually reaches a triumphant conclusion in a wintry Moscow.
Written by a five-strong team of cast members, the show, which is produced and directed by Blakeney Players chairman Peter Franklin, follows in true Blakeney Players tradition.
'It is full of solos, choruses and dance numbers, said Players secretary Jos Wiggins. 'And it is great fun for all the family.'
Blakeney's amateur acting history dates back to the 1930s, when a group of local people formed a dramatic society in the village.
The Blakeney Players was founded in 1956 and the group has since put on two productions a year, with proceeds going to local charities.
- 1 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 2 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 5 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 6 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 7 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 8 Serial beggar jailed for 12 weeks after breaching Criminal Behaviour Order
- 9 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 10 Tribute paid to much-loved dad who died in cycling accident
Their Christmas show is regularly a sell-out, with the group also teaming up with Blakeney-based charity Glaven Caring to lay on an extra performance for local elderly people.
A Christmas Package runs at Blakeney Village Hall tonight at 8pm, with a supper show at 7pm on January 11, a matinee performance at 3pm on January 12 and a final evening show on January 16. Tickets priced £8 (£3 children, £25 supper show) are available from Butcher Andrews Solicitors, 15 Market Place, Holt.