Blakeney Players’ winter show to take audience on a journey from London to Moscow
- Credit: Archant
A music and mystery-filled trek from London to Moscow sets the scene for north Norfolk amateur dramatics group the Blakeney Players' annual winter production, which opens at Blakeney Village Hall tonight
Entitled A Christmas Package, the comic caper follows the fortunes of a series of secret agents as they transport a parcel through cities including Paris and Venice in order to save Christmas.
The journey of the mysterious parcel eventually reaches a triumphant conclusion in a wintry Moscow.
Written by a five-strong team of cast members, the show, which is produced and directed by Blakeney Players chairman Peter Franklin, follows in true Blakeney Players tradition.
'It is full of solos, choruses and dance numbers, said Players secretary Jos Wiggins. 'And it is great fun for all the family.'
You may also want to watch:
Blakeney's amateur acting history dates back to the 1930s, when a group of local people formed a dramatic society in the village.
The Blakeney Players was founded in 1956 and the group has since put on two productions a year, with proceeds going to local charities.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 3 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 6 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash
Their Christmas show is regularly a sell-out, with the group also teaming up with Blakeney-based charity Glaven Caring to lay on an extra performance for local elderly people.
A Christmas Package runs at Blakeney Village Hall tonight at 8pm, with a supper show at 7pm on January 11, a matinee performance at 3pm on January 12 and a final evening show on January 16. Tickets priced £8 (£3 children, £25 supper show) are available from Butcher Andrews Solicitors, 15 Market Place, Holt.