Let’s Rock Norwich, Billy Ocean review: ‘He had the crowd in the palm of his hand’
- Credit: Archant
One of the big talking points at a retro festival like Let's Rock Norwich is how kind the years have been to the performers.
As 12,000 fans flocked out of Earlham Park on Saturday night, there was an overwhelmingly unanimous verdict on Billy Ocean.
Believe it or not, the king of R&B is only a few months off his 70th birthday.
From the moment the headliner set foot on the stage to bring to a close 10 hours of 80s memories, he had the crowd in the palm of his hand.
His voice remains fantastic, his energy levels are incredible and you can tell he still loves to entertain.
You may also want to watch:
And as for his hair do. Well, just look at the pictures!
The masses wanted a non-stop medley of his up tempo classics. And Ocean didn't disappoint.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 3 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 4 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 5 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 8 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
When The Going Gets Tough, Caribbean Queen, Love Really Hurts, Get Outta My Dreams, Red Light....he packed them all in.
The venue curfew meant Ocean had to wave farewell. Otherwise I'm sure he would have carried on well into the night - and the fans would have carried on dancing with him.