Billy Joel classics to be performed in Cromer Pier concert
- Credit: Archant
Classic songs by a top American pianist, singer-songwriter and composer will be performed on Cromer Pier.
The Billy Joel Songbook is coming to the Pavilion Theatre on Thursday May 14 at 8pm.
It will be led by singer-singwriter and pianist Elio Pace and his six-piece band.
The live show will feature hits including Uptown Girl, Just The Way You Are, My Life and Piano Man.
Elio has entertained audiences around the world for more than 25 years with his
soulful voice and piano playing.
His music blends pop, rhythm and blues, jazz and rock 'n' roll.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 6 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 7 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 8 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 9 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 10 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
During 2013 and last year, Elio starred in five special reunion concerts in the USA with Billy Joel's original 1971-72 touring band, recreating the historic Sigma Sounds live recordings.
Those experiences inspired him to fulfil a lifetime ambition of creating a theatre show showcasing the songbook of the six-time Grammy award winner, Billy Joel.
The Billy Joel Songbook performed by Elio and his band was formed after that.
Last year, with Billy Joel's blessing, Elio took to the road with a theatre tour that entertained people at 70 venues around the Britain and Ireland.
The 2015 Billy Joel Songbook theatre tour has been booked to play at more than 50 venues this year all over Britain.
Elio's debut album was called A Seat At My Table.
He has performed with musicians including Queen's Brian May, Huey Lewis, Katie Melua, Craig David,
Albert Lee, Don McLean, Glen Campbell, Gilbert O'Sullivan, and Martha Reeves.
He has even played for Hollywood actress Sandra Bullock at her 30th birthday party where she got up and sung a duet with him.
Elio is currently working on a new album.
Billy Joel, 65, had top 40 hits in the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s, achieving 33 top 40 hits in the USA, all of which he wrote himself.
His first hit song was Piano Man which was released in 1973.
He has become the sixth bestselling recording artist and the third bestselling solo artist in the USA.
? Tickets for The Billy Joel Songbook cost £18 or £16 for concessions.
To book call 01263 512495 or visit www.cromer-pier.com