Bill Wyman and the Rythm Kings
ADRIENNE SCHUTER > Theatre Royal Norwich
Cutting a sublime figure on the stage of the Theatre Royal last night, Bill Wyman and his awesomely talented band the Rhythm Kings mesmerised a packed house for more than 90 minutes.
With the incredible supporting talents of Albert Lee, Nick Payn, Frank Mead and Terry Taylor, they cast out their music into the crowd and reeled us in, leaving us breathless and gasping for more.
We were transfixed by the sheer energy of red-suited frontman Mike Sanchez, who tamed us with his honeyed raunchy tones in Just Your Fool and the out-of-your-seat Jitter Bug Boogie, matched only by the seductive power of Beverly Skeete singing I'll Be Satisfied.
You may also want to watch:
For much of the time Wyman was happy to stand on the sidelines supporting Graham Broad but came into his own singing Chuck Berry's Teenage Wedding.
The recent announcement that he is giving up touring to spend time with his young family will cause desolation among dedicated fans.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
But if fans can live on the memory of tonight, that should keep them going until the kids are grown and Wyman returns to rock us through his eighties.