Big names for Gig in the Park
Hayley Mace Big names from the worlds of soul, indie and rock will take to the stage at one of the region's most popular music festivals this summer.
Big names from the worlds of soul, indie and rock will take to the stage at one of the region's most popular music festivals this summer.
Halesworth's Gig in the Park, on August 1-3, is returning to the town for its 11th year with first-class headline acts.
Soul legend Geno Washington, who appeared at the 2006 festival, will appear on the Friday night accompanied by blues singer Pauline Black, who had a string of hits in the 1980s with The Selecter.
Indie art band Audioporn, who were one of the most popular acts at last year's festival and mix monologues and vocals with theatrical performances, will also play on the Friday night.
The Blockheads, who supported Ian Dury in the late 1970s and had a number one smash with Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick, will headline on the Saturday.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 2 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 3 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 4 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 5 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 8 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 9 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 10 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
Also appearing will be former Stranglers lead vocalist and guitarist Hugh Cornwell and his band. Hugh left the Stranglers in 1990 and has since released six solo albums, including the critically acclaimed Beyond Elysian Fields in 2004.
Sunday will see hits from the 1960s to the present day performed by Lee Vasey and his big band, supported by Halesworth rockers Frontbum, who promise to entertain the crowd with their full arena show and alternative look at Halesworth life.
Other confirmed acts include the Bollywood brass band and local musicians John Ward and Mario Price. The festival will also boast three stages of entertainment, including the ever-popular jungle stage, food from around the world and a real-ale bar.
Last year's Gig in the Park attracted about 3,000 people to the town over the three days. The event is run for the benefit of the community and any profits are given to local charities and ploughed back into the following year's event.
The organisers are still looking for acts to complete the three-day line-up. Interested bands can apply via the form on www.gigin thepark.co.uk