Five of the ‘secret’ dishes you can try at Norfolk restaurants in the new year
- Credit: Archant
The first secret dishes being offered by restaurants around the county as part of a new year series have been revealed.
In October, it was revealed that a Norwich foodie - who wanted to remain anonymous - was launching the county's own secret menu series, which would see diners arrive, whisper the 'secret item' and tuck in.
Roughly 100 pubs, cafés and restaurants signed up, with the dishes set to be available from January to March 2020.
Over the last few weeks, the first few 'off menu' dishes have been revealed, with plenty more to come.
So to whet your appetites, here are a handful you can try around Norfolk.
- Sands Restaurant, The Quay, Wells
- 1 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 2 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 3 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 4 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 5 Neighbours describe axe brawl in Norfolk village
- 6 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Man in his 20s dies after hit-and-run
- 8 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
- 9 Crews battle overnight house fire in north Norfolk
- 10 Several roads closed in King's Lynn due to crash and police incident
£19.99 for two
An enormous battered cod to share on a platter with two different chips - skinny fries and hand cut chips - garden peas, a gherkin and homemade tartare sauce.
- The Honingham Buck, The Street, Honingham
The Thai chicken burger
A tender chicken piece in a sesame seed bun dripping with Thai sauce, house chilli mayonnaise and gem lettuce served with hand cut chips and salad.
- Wellington Pub and Smokehouse, Garden Street, Cromer
Black-eyed bean and chicken stew
Slow cooked tender stew of black-eyed beans, smoked chicken leg, stuffed breast and with corn and rouille.
- Eric's, Thornham Road, Thornham
Prawns and squid
Grilled king prawns, lightly grilled tender squid with a house made lemon curry spice - eat in only.
- The Plough Inn, Norwich Road, Marsham
An Italian loaded 4oz steak burger in a soft toasted brioche bun with oozing Norfolk Dapple cheese, grilled Italian sausage and a breaded lasagne wedge, all served with tiger fries (double fries, including sweet potato fries) and house purple slaw.
To take part, all you have to do is quote 'secret menu Norfolk' from January to March.
To see the full list as and when they are revealed, click here.