Beaming in to Norwich on the latest NME tour
Colin WilsonThe Fly53 NME Radar Tour, the NME's touring showcase of new music featuring Golden Silvers, Marina and the Diamonds, Local Natives and Yes Giantess, hits the Waterfront, Norwich, on Monday.Colin Wilson
The Fly53 NME Radar Tour, the NME's touring showcase of new music featuring Golden Silvers, Marina and the Diamonds, Local Natives and Yes Giantess, hits the Waterfront, Norwich, on Monday.
Headliners are London-based pop-psych trio Golden Silvers who released their stylish debut album True Romance in April. Their sound is as much influenced by the mix of Daft Punk, Beach Boys and giddy indie-electro mash-ups they heard on the dancefloor, as it is by the Dr Dre and Marvin Gaye tunes they danced to at soul and hip hop clubs.
It's been a crazy couple of months for the 23-year old Welsh/Greek songbird Marina Diamond. After releasing a single and EP (Obsessions and The Crown Jewels EP) through upstart NY indie label Neon Gold Records earlier this year, Marina is set to release her debut single Mowgli's Road with 679/Atlantic Records on November 2.
Breaking out of the US to rock the tour are Local Natives, who come from Silver Lake, Los Angeles, and were the talk of this year's SXSW Festival. They are set to release their new single, Camera Talk on October 19. A rich torrent of sound, with its lush and soulful harmonies conjuring a tapestry of roots-y folk, the single is the first taster from their debut album, Gorilla Manor, released on November 2.
Completing the bill is Yes Giantess who fly the flag for US electro pop. The four-piece hail from Boston and draw inspiration from the likes of Michael Jackson and Talking Heads. They have just released their self-titled Yes Giantess EP through Neon Gold.
t 01603 508050 (�9.50adv) UEA Students' Union, Waterfront and Soundclash. www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk
- 1 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 2 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 3 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 4 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 5 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 6 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 9 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 10 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident