Aylsham show celebrates businessman championing Norfolk suppliers
- Credit: C T Baker Group
A dedicated advocate for buying local has been recognised for his hard work, after receiving a top prize from the Aylsham show.
Michael Baker has been awarded the prestigious President's Cup for the show's 'Individual Food and Drink Hero' on August 28.
Mr Baker, managing director of C T Baker Group, said: 'It is important for jobs and the local economy to support our local growers and producers. Of course, local food will be fresher and associated with fewer food miles.'
The C T Baker's group began their championing of local producers nearly thirty years ago, when the Bakers and Larners food hall and delicatessen introduced a range of new products from the likes of Pointen's Dairy.
Now the hall stocks lines from Candi's Chutney to Winbirri Wines.
You may also want to watch:
Year-on-year C T Baker group Budgens stores in Aylsham and Holt spend a combined total of over £1 million to ensure its stores are well supplied with stock from such suppliers, which extend to meat and bakery products from H.V. Graves, Cromer crab from Jonas Seafoods and fruit and vegetables from Norfolk growers including Sharington Strawberries and Drove Orchard in Thornham.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 10 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch