Auditions to be held this weekend for romantic comedy film set in west Norfolk
As amateur dramatics productions go, it is certainly an ambitious one. Shunning the traditional village hall staging of an old theatre classic, one group of acting enthusiasts have announced plans to film their own romantic comedy.
The production, Forever Your Rose, follows the travails of Jack Green, a multi-millionaire, who ventures into the dating scene of the Fens and west Norfolk.
It has been inspired by Richard Curtis films such as Four Weddings and a Funeral, and Notting Hill.
Auditions took place this weekend and filming is expected within weeks, using locations in Hunstanton, King's Lynn and the Fens.
The team behind the project wants to bring local amateur dramatics away from the theatre to the big screen.
Some major roles have been cast, including Jack. He will be played by Stephan Genovese, who wrote the screenplay, and has worked as a professional actor.
The vast majority of the roles, however, filled by amateurs.
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 9 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 10 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
Natalie Mills, who will play Jack's close friend Rose, said: 'He knows he's big and not the greatest looking guy – but we think he's lovely and cuddly.
'It is a romantic comedy, after all, and this is going to be a really fun project to work on.
'It's such an exciting project to be involved with. We're all volunteers – nobody gets paid – but we're all passionate about making this happen.'
The producers are also looking for locations, volunteer crew members and helpers for behind the scenes, as filming is scheduled to start in May.
The entire project is being co-ordinated by the Holbeach Film Company and some filming is being planned around the South Holland area of Lincolnshire.
Auditions will be held at the Women's Institute Hall, Park Road, Holbeach on Saturday. More information is available at the Forever Your Rose Facebook page.
Are you working on an arts project? Email firstname.lastname@example.org