Young dancers compete for roles in English Youth Ballet show
- Credit: Archant
About 100 young dancers have been competing for the chance to star in a special retelling of a classic fairy tale.
Auditions for English Youth Ballet's production of Cinderella in Hollywood took place at Sprowston High School on Tuesday. Those that impressed in the auditions will be given the chance to work with professional principal dancers in the show which will be performed three times at Norwich Theatre Royal from May 25 to 26.
Cinderella in Hollywood sees the well known story set in the glamorous era of 1950s Hollywood, and Cinderella is a seamstress on a film set. Her Fairy Godmother is her late mother and a former 1930s movie star meanwhile her Wicked Sisters are Hollywood starlets competing with each other for starring film roles. The Prince meets Cinderella at a press party, but at midnight she flees from the scene and the only clue to her identity is the sparkly silver pointe-shoe she left behind. For more, visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk