Artlands Summer Exhibition
ALISON CROOSE Artlands, Nelson Street, King's Lynn
Artlands, Nelson Street, King's Lynn
Artlands has moved from the West Norfolk countryside to the historic heart of Lynn - and though the setting has changed, an eclectic mix of paintings and sculpture still makes for a fascinating display.
Sherie Naidoo established Artlands in a beautiful old farmhouse at Hillington seven years ago. Now she has moved her home to an equally lovely house in Nelson Street where, in collaboration with John Austen, she is continuing to show 19th and 21st century art works together in a gracious domestic setting.
You may also want to watch:
Colourful abstract paintings by Fring artists Kevin and Ann Marie Ryan sit comfortably alongside Eileen Hogan's watercolours. Oils, water-colours, drawings and etchings by members of the Norwich School including John Sell Cotman, Henry Ladbrooke and Henry Bright are interesting as their subjects include churches in West Norfolk and Lynn's Red Mount Chapel.
They share space with wonderful sculptures in wood by John Baldwin and Dennis Hales and bronze by Mark Hall. Works in the various media complement one another and there is much to interest the viewer.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 9 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 10 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
The exhibition continues throughout July by appointment only - call 01553-660128.