Artist’s new show features paintings of everything from Carrow Road to Norwich Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
Everything from Canaries fans heading to Carrow Road to the stunning architecture of Norwich Cathedral feature in the latest exhibition by artist Rob Pointon.
His solo show is at Mandell's Gallery, in Elm Hill, and he even includes the exterior of the gallery itself in one of his oil paintings which presents an unusual view of the city's historic cobblestone street.
Mr Pointon, who lives in Cheshire, visited Norwich for an art project in 2014 which saw him paint cathedrals around Europe, and he said he was delighted to return and explore more of the city with his paintbrush.
He said: 'I love exploring the diversity of the architecture of Norwich, seeing the different architecture styles because it is such a historic city. 'Hopefully my paintings bring a fresh perspective to Norwich. I hope they make the people of Norwich look at their own city differently.'
Mr Pointon's show, which runs until October 28, also includes paintings of London, New York, Venice and Doha. Visit www.mandellsgallery.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation