Artist’s new show features paintings of everything from Carrow Road to Norwich Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
Everything from Canaries fans heading to Carrow Road to the stunning architecture of Norwich Cathedral feature in the latest exhibition by artist Rob Pointon.
His solo show is at Mandell's Gallery, in Elm Hill, and he even includes the exterior of the gallery itself in one of his oil paintings which presents an unusual view of the city's historic cobblestone street.
Mr Pointon, who lives in Cheshire, visited Norwich for an art project in 2014 which saw him paint cathedrals around Europe, and he said he was delighted to return and explore more of the city with his paintbrush.
He said: 'I love exploring the diversity of the architecture of Norwich, seeing the different architecture styles because it is such a historic city. 'Hopefully my paintings bring a fresh perspective to Norwich. I hope they make the people of Norwich look at their own city differently.'
Mr Pointon's show, which runs until October 28, also includes paintings of London, New York, Venice and Doha. Visit www.mandellsgallery.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 10 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears