Artist’s new show features paintings of everything from Carrow Road to Norwich Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
Everything from Canaries fans heading to Carrow Road to the stunning architecture of Norwich Cathedral feature in the latest exhibition by artist Rob Pointon.
His solo show is at Mandell's Gallery, in Elm Hill, and he even includes the exterior of the gallery itself in one of his oil paintings which presents an unusual view of the city's historic cobblestone street.
Mr Pointon, who lives in Cheshire, visited Norwich for an art project in 2014 which saw him paint cathedrals around Europe, and he said he was delighted to return and explore more of the city with his paintbrush.
He said: 'I love exploring the diversity of the architecture of Norwich, seeing the different architecture styles because it is such a historic city. 'Hopefully my paintings bring a fresh perspective to Norwich. I hope they make the people of Norwich look at their own city differently.'
Mr Pointon's show, which runs until October 28, also includes paintings of London, New York, Venice and Doha. Visit www.mandellsgallery.co.uk
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 7 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 8 Housing association hoping to build 461 homes in south Norfolk town
- 9 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages