Art Fair East organisers hail extraordinary response to Norwich show
- Credit: Submitted
Organisers of a city art fair have said they are delighted with the response to their attempt to bring the kind of event normally seen in London to Norwich.
Art Fair East, which runs at St Andrew's Hall in the city centre until Sunday, features galleries and artists from East Anglia, alongside artists from other parts of the UK, Russia, Africa and Spain.
More than 750 people attended the launch night of the event on Thursday, opened by Mustard TV presenter Helen McDermott.
Will Teather, co-founder of Art Fair East, said: 'The response has been extraordinary so far.
'We are very pleased and somewhat relieved!
'We aimed to bring the kind of event you would normally see in London to our doorstep, and I think we've done it.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 7 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 8 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 9 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk