Elves and rocket-fuelled sleighs take centre stage in this year’s Argos Christmas advert
- Credit: Archant
The pumpkin is still rotting on the step, the dog is still hiding from fireworks - it can only mean one thing: it's time for the Christmas TV ads. Here is what Argos has to offer.
Argos: Ready for Take Off
What happens? I have a soft spot for Argos Christmas advertisements because they don't pull any emotional punches: Argos don't imprison old men on the moon or stick dogs on trampolines, they just point out that if you want toys, they've got them. The action takes place in an Argos distribution centre where everyone has prosthetic ears and access to what look like cold weather rocket launchers. When an Argos elf discovers a robot puppy has been left behind and may not reach its intended recipient before Christmas, there's a madcap dash to prevent the ruination of December 25. Stop that rocket!
Do you know any jokes about elves that are also relevant to people who are obsessed with grammar? Yes: What's another name for Santa's little helpers? Subordinate clauses.
Is this year's ad as good as last year's with the Rainbow Yetis on skates? Obviously not.
You may also want to watch:
I thought it was Santa that delivered Christmas presents, not Argos? Shhh.
Best bit: The crash helmet with elf ears.
- 1 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 2 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 7 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 8 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 9 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 10 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries