Your chance to take part in Norwich’s circus-themed Lord Mayor’s Procession
- Credit: Ian Burt
Applications are now open for groups to sign up for a float in Norwich's annual Lord Mayor's Procession.
The event - which usually involves about 2,000 people and attracts audiences of about 25,000 - is described as Norwich's biggest street party and will this year take place on Saturday, July 7.
The procession theme is 'the circus comes to town' to tie in with the fact that Norwich, along with Great Yarmouth, is one of the six Cities of Circus that will this year be the focus of the Circus250 anniversary celebrations. Organisations are being encouraged to be as imaginative as possible with their ideas for their floats.
The procession is always one of the highlights of the Lord Mayor's Celebration weekend.
Applications to sign up for a float are now open and will close on June 15. For more information about the procession and to sign up for a float, visit www.norwich.gov.uk/LMP
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 212871.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 6 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 7 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 8 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
- 9 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 10 Body found in woods near Mildenhall