Your chance to take part in Norwich’s circus-themed Lord Mayor’s Procession
- Credit: Ian Burt
Applications are now open for groups to sign up for a float in Norwich's annual Lord Mayor's Procession.
The event - which usually involves about 2,000 people and attracts audiences of about 25,000 - is described as Norwich's biggest street party and will this year take place on Saturday, July 7.
The procession theme is 'the circus comes to town' to tie in with the fact that Norwich, along with Great Yarmouth, is one of the six Cities of Circus that will this year be the focus of the Circus250 anniversary celebrations. Organisations are being encouraged to be as imaginative as possible with their ideas for their floats.
The procession is always one of the highlights of the Lord Mayor's Celebration weekend.
Applications to sign up for a float are now open and will close on June 15. For more information about the procession and to sign up for a float, visit www.norwich.gov.uk/LMP
You may also want to watch:
You can also email email@example.com or call 01603 212871.
- 1 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 2 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 9 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 10 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks