Anyone For Breakfast? - Dereham Operatic Society
IAN CLARKE Memorial Hall, DerehamTake a superbly written script ready mixed with farce, irony and humour, add in six talented performers and sprinkle on the great simplicity of a single set.
Memorial Hall, Dereham
Take a superbly written script ready mixed with farce, irony and humour, add in six talented performers and sprinkle on the great simplicity of a single set.
And you've got the perfect recipe in the form of Dereham Operatic Society's spring play.
Newcomer Sally Escrader (Shirley) blended in excellently with Joan Syrett (Jane), Lee Johnson (Mark), John McInnes (Gilbert), Marea Smith (Helga) and Doug Hartley (Roger) in the hilarious production set around their various marital mishaps.
The success of such a farce set in one room relies on great teamwork and impeccable timing and the opening-night performance had both in abundance.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 3 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 10 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
The great shame was that the Memorial Hall was only about a third full when the talent on display deserved much more.
So if the “same old rubbish” on the TV is leaving you feeling hungry, then I'd thoroughly recommend tucking in to some tasty live theatre.
t Anyone for Breakfast? continues at Dereham Memorial Hall until Saturday, March 10, 7.30pm. Tickets cost from £6 and are available from Hallmark in Nelson Place, Dereham (01362 851919).