Anyone For Breakfast? - Dereham Operatic Society
IAN CLARKE Memorial Hall, DerehamTake a superbly written script ready mixed with farce, irony and humour, add in six talented performers and sprinkle on the great simplicity of a single set.
Memorial Hall, Dereham
Take a superbly written script ready mixed with farce, irony and humour, add in six talented performers and sprinkle on the great simplicity of a single set.
And you've got the perfect recipe in the form of Dereham Operatic Society's spring play.
You may also want to watch:
Newcomer Sally Escrader (Shirley) blended in excellently with Joan Syrett (Jane), Lee Johnson (Mark), John McInnes (Gilbert), Marea Smith (Helga) and Doug Hartley (Roger) in the hilarious production set around their various marital mishaps.
The success of such a farce set in one room relies on great teamwork and impeccable timing and the opening-night performance had both in abundance.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 8 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 9 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 10 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
The great shame was that the Memorial Hall was only about a third full when the talent on display deserved much more.
So if the “same old rubbish” on the TV is leaving you feeling hungry, then I'd thoroughly recommend tucking in to some tasty live theatre.
t Anyone for Breakfast? continues at Dereham Memorial Hall until Saturday, March 10, 7.30pm. Tickets cost from £6 and are available from Hallmark in Nelson Place, Dereham (01362 851919).