X Factor’s Amelia Lily to star in Shrek The Musical at Norwich Theatre Royal
- Credit: Chris Gardner.
Shrek The Musical has found its Princess Fiona.
X Factor star Amelia Lily will be taking centre stage as the production returns to Norwich Theatre Royal from June 26 to July 8 2018.
The singer's debut single, You Bring Me Joy, reached number two in the UK chart and the musician has since gone on to star in various plays.
Most recently she was the runner up in Celebrity Big Brother 2017.
Amelia said: 'I had my first taste of performing as Princess Fiona back in 2012 when I donned the famous green dress for a Children In Need special. It was an incredible experience so when the opportunity came up to reprise the role, I jumped at the chance.'
You may also want to watch:
Joining her on stage as Shrek is Steffan Harri, with Marcus Ayton as Donkey and Samuel Holmes as Lord Farquaad.
Tickets are on sale now, priced between £8 and £46.
For more information visit theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 6 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 7 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 10 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000