Alan Partridge movie is confirmed by comedy writer Armando Iannucci
It has been confirmed that Norfolk's most famous fictional radio star, Alan Partridge, will be appearing in a long-awaited movie.
Comedy writer Armando Iannucci has confirmed Steve Coogan's wacky Radio Norwich creation is finally to have his own film, likely to be released in 2013.
Mr Iannucci said: 'It's just about all come together now, so that'll be shot later in the year. At the moment it's 'The Alan Partridge Movie' but that's just a working title.
'(The script) is written (but) we're always rewriting, rewriting and rewriting.'
Iannucci had already previously confirmed that if the film got the go-ahead then it would be shot in Norfolk when rumours first surfaced two years ago, saying: 'We're not going mad and doing an Alan-goes-to-Hollywood thing. It's very much Alan in Norwich. Putting Norwich on the map. Well, somebody's map.'
Coogan was in Norwich last October, fully in-character as Partridge, to sign copies of his new book at the Waterstone's book shop on Castle Street.
During that book signing, and a surprise visit to the city last December when cameras followed Partridge to City Hall and Norwich Market, speculation was rife about what the filming was for.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 4 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 5 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 6 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 7 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 8 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 9 Which of the major shops are staying closed this Boxing Day?
- 10 Ongoing roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
But now it is confirmed that Iannucci and Coogan have written the script with Peter Baynham, the co-writer of the Sacha Baron Cohen film, Br�no.