Alan Partridge movie is confirmed by comedy writer Armando Iannucci
It has been confirmed that Norfolk's most famous fictional radio star, Alan Partridge, will be appearing in a long-awaited movie.
Comedy writer Armando Iannucci has confirmed Steve Coogan's wacky Radio Norwich creation is finally to have his own film, likely to be released in 2013.
Mr Iannucci said: 'It's just about all come together now, so that'll be shot later in the year. At the moment it's 'The Alan Partridge Movie' but that's just a working title.
'(The script) is written (but) we're always rewriting, rewriting and rewriting.'
Iannucci had already previously confirmed that if the film got the go-ahead then it would be shot in Norfolk when rumours first surfaced two years ago, saying: 'We're not going mad and doing an Alan-goes-to-Hollywood thing. It's very much Alan in Norwich. Putting Norwich on the map. Well, somebody's map.'
You may also want to watch:
Coogan was in Norwich last October, fully in-character as Partridge, to sign copies of his new book at the Waterstone's book shop on Castle Street.
During that book signing, and a surprise visit to the city last December when cameras followed Partridge to City Hall and Norwich Market, speculation was rife about what the filming was for.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
But now it is confirmed that Iannucci and Coogan have written the script with Peter Baynham, the co-writer of the Sacha Baron Cohen film, Br�no.