Air displays at Eye Show
CELIA WIGG Two spectacular aerial displays promise to thrill crowds at the Eye Show on August bank holiday weekend.
Two spectacular aerial displays promise to thrill crowds at the Eye Show on August bank holiday weekend.
The world-famous RAF Red Arrows will perform stunning formation manoeuvres on August 29. They have appeared at the show seven times in 10 years and are celebrating their 40th display season.
On Bank Holiday Monday the glamorous girls from the Utterly Butterly Wingwalkers will zoom over the showground at 100mph, as the Boeing Stearman biplanes perform breathtaking stunts.
Show director Tim Seeley, whose family has been involved in organising the show for 40 years, promises a host of other headline attractions throughout the two days. They include the Royal Artillery White Helmets motorcycle display team, the Royal Navy Fieldgun display, the Spitfire Tigers freefall, and equestrian, sheepdog and falconry demonstrations.
The show is open 10am-7pm both days. Admission is £8 (children £4) and parking is free.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?