Actors needed to take part in Christmas production of Little Red Riding Hood
- Credit: supplied by The Garage
Little Red Riding Hood is set to take to the stage at The Garage this Christmas, and now the search is on to find the cast members who will bring the classic fairy tale to life.
My First Panto: Little Red Riding Hood is following on from the Norwich venue's first ever My First Panto last year which saw young children and their families enjoy the sold-out festive production of Cinderella.
Once again The Garage has teamed up with All-In Productions, and they will be holding auditions for the new show at the The Garage on Wednesday, August 16.
They are looking to cast three performers for the stage adaptation of the classic story which sees Little Red Riding Hood venture into the enchanted wood to visit her Granny.
Director Daniel Burgess, artistic director of All-In Productions, said one performer will play the title role of Little Red Riding Hood, one will play the wolf and the dame, and one will play Granny and Little Red Riding Hood's sister Violet.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'We are looking for professional actors. Everyone is welcome to apply, especially if you can play a number of instruments.
'We are really excited to continue meeting actors from within the region because All-In Productions really prides itself on working with local performers.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
'Last year the part of Cinderella went to Rosalind Burt from Norwich off the back of auditioning at the local casting call.'
The team is especially interested to hear from performers who play the guitar, accordion, violin, ukulele or other folk-based instruments that can be played while singing. An experience of puppetry and clowning would be helpful but not essential.
About the show, Mr Burgess said: 'We will be building on the success of last year's show, with even more interactive elements and more opportunities for the young children and families to play together, and with the actors who are telling the story.'
If you would like to take part in the casting on Wednesday, August 16, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and headshot.
My First Panto: Little Red Riding Hood is at The Garage from December 1 to 29.
Tickets cost £11 for adults and £7 for children. Under ones are free. For more information and to book tickets, call 01603 598646 or visit www.thegarage.org.uk