Access to Music students get set for an acoustic talent showcase in Norwich
- Credit: submitted
Talented young musicians are getting ready to take to the stage at a special showcase event in Norwich.
Norwich-based college Access to Music is presenting an Acoustic Talent Showcase next Tuesday at Epic Studios' café in Magdalen Street.
Phil Pethybridge, artist development tutor, said: 'There is so much raw talent at the Access to Music college, and the showcase is a great opportunity to show this off, along with some fantastic examples of songwriting.'
Among the acts performing on the night is Alison MacKinnon, who in the past year has had the opportunity to perform at Glastonbury and Latitude and is currently working on her debut EP to be released this summer.
The Sound Of Sight, also known as Paul Hubbard, will be performing his music that is said to take you back to the 1960s with lulling vocals and euphoric melodies.
Multi-instrumentalist singer/songwriter Abigail Blake is also part of the line-up with her music that is led by emotion and incorporates a range of styles and lyric techniques, as is Jos Brunwin with his skilled guitar playing combined with insightful lyrics.
Singer/songwriter Fran Davey is performing original music with her unique soul voice, and Curtis Cronin will be playing in a range of styles.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 4 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 5 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Virus expert says Omicron is 'unstoppable' and backs 'Plan B' rules
- 10 Police called after illegally parked delivery driver blocks bus routes
Access to Music has centres across the country and the rising stars of the music scene performing on Tuesday are following in the footsteps of the likes of Ed Sheeran, Rita Ora and DJ Matt Howes who have all graduated from Access To Music courses.
The Acoustic Talent Showcase is on Tuesday, April 8, in Epic Studios' café, Magdalen Street. Entry is free. Doors open at 6.30pm, with music from 7pm-10pm. Visit www.accesstomusic.co.uk and www.epicstudiosnorwich.com
Do you have a story about the arts in Norwich? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at email@example.com