Access to Music students get set for an acoustic talent showcase in Norwich
- Credit: submitted
Talented young musicians are getting ready to take to the stage at a special showcase event in Norwich.
Norwich-based college Access to Music is presenting an Acoustic Talent Showcase next Tuesday at Epic Studios' café in Magdalen Street.
Phil Pethybridge, artist development tutor, said: 'There is so much raw talent at the Access to Music college, and the showcase is a great opportunity to show this off, along with some fantastic examples of songwriting.'
Among the acts performing on the night is Alison MacKinnon, who in the past year has had the opportunity to perform at Glastonbury and Latitude and is currently working on her debut EP to be released this summer.
The Sound Of Sight, also known as Paul Hubbard, will be performing his music that is said to take you back to the 1960s with lulling vocals and euphoric melodies.
You may also want to watch:
Multi-instrumentalist singer/songwriter Abigail Blake is also part of the line-up with her music that is led by emotion and incorporates a range of styles and lyric techniques, as is Jos Brunwin with his skilled guitar playing combined with insightful lyrics.
Singer/songwriter Fran Davey is performing original music with her unique soul voice, and Curtis Cronin will be playing in a range of styles.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 Man seriously injured after crash
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 6 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 7 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 8 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 9 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 10 Minke whale washes up on beach
Access to Music has centres across the country and the rising stars of the music scene performing on Tuesday are following in the footsteps of the likes of Ed Sheeran, Rita Ora and DJ Matt Howes who have all graduated from Access To Music courses.
The Acoustic Talent Showcase is on Tuesday, April 8, in Epic Studios' café, Magdalen Street. Entry is free. Doors open at 6.30pm, with music from 7pm-10pm. Visit www.accesstomusic.co.uk and www.epicstudiosnorwich.com
Do you have a story about the arts in Norwich? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at email@example.com