Norwich orchestra tunes up for its latest concert
- Credit: supplied by Academy of St Thomas
Norwich-based orchestra Academy of St Thomas is tuning up for its latest show.
Music for a Midsummer Evening will take place at Salle Church, near Reepham, on Saturday, June 23 at 7.30pm.
The orchestra has performed an annual summer concert at Salle for more than 30 years and this year violinist Clio Gould will direct the programme and perform Mozart's Violin Concerto in A major.
The concert will also feature Gordon Jacob's Overture for Strings, Haydn's Symphony No. 22 known as The Philosopher, and Romanian Folk Dances by Bartok.
Tickets can be booked in person at St George's Music Shop, in Norwich, by calling 01603 626414 or visiting www.ticketsource.co.uk/ast
You may also want to watch:
People are also encouraged to bring a picnic to enjoy in the church grounds before the concert.
For more about the Academy of St Thomas, visit www.academyofstthomas.com
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 7 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 8 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts