ABBA tribute act at Cromer Pier theatre
- Credit: Archant
Pop classics from Swedish supergroup ABBA will be sung by a top tribute act on Cromer Pier.
The ABBA Reunion live in concert will be happening at the Pavilion Theatre on Monday August 25 at 7.30pm.
It stars Vikki Holland-Bowyer who plays Frida, Greg Stevenson who plays Benny Andersson, Emma Hodgetts who plays Agnetha Falkstog, Mark Brownridge who plays Bjorn Ulvaeus, Steve Djurovich who plays Rutger Gunnarsson (on bass), and Colin Codd who plays Ola Brunkhert (on drums).
The show marks 40 years since ABBA won the Eurovision Song Contest with Waterloo.
ABBA Reunion has been created by the original director, producer and choreographer of the award-winning Abbamania West End musical and stars the original Frida from the London cast.
You may also want to watch:
The show gives ABBA fans, old and new, the opportunity to get together and relive the addictive ABBA phenomenon that swept the airwaves and discos following Waterloo with a wonderfully feel good, party style tribute concert.
It features all of the hits as well as superbly accurate harmony vocals and a full live band.
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops project
- 2 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 3 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 4 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 5 Dog dies and another missing after getting lost in snow
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 8 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 9 'Hot-headed' woman drove car over police officer's foot
- 10 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
ABBA have sold over 380m albums and singles worldwide, which makes them one of the best selling music artists of all time, and the second best selling music group of all time.
The group formed in 1972 and hits include Mamma Mia, Fernando, Money Money Money, Knowing Me Knowing You and Dancing Queen. ABBA broke up in late 1982.
Due to the popularity of the band, its hits were used to inspire a West End show Mamma Mia which was later turned into a hit film in 2008 starring Julie Walters, Meryl Streep, Amanda Seyfried, Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth.
Tickets for the ABBA Reunion show cost £19 or £18 for students or concessions.
The show is also going to St George's Theatre in Great Yarmouth on Friday August 29 at 8pm.
Another concert at the Pavilion Theatre in Cromer is the Roy Orbison and Friends show on Monday August 18 at 7.30pm.
Performer Barry Steele will be performing hits by Roy Orbison from the 1960s to the late 1980s.
Tickets cost £18.50 for adults or £18 for students and concessions.
To book for the Cromer concerts call 01263 512495 or visit www.cromer-pier.com.