A year of fun ahead on the North Norfolk Railway
- Credit: Archant
Heritage railway fans will be in for a treat this year on the Poppy Line which will be putting on a range of events for families and enthusiasts.
The North Norfolk Railway, which runs from Sheringham to Holt, will be holding its Spring Steam Gala on March 7, 8 and 9.
It will feature home-based locomotives and special visiting engines.
On April 5 and 6, the tourist attraction will be hosting an event called They thought it was all over? to mark 50 years of the closure of the railway line in 1964 under the so-called 'Beeching Axe'.
Thomas the Tank Engine and friends will take over the Poppy Line under the watchful eye of the Fat Controller for a Day out with Thomas on May 3, 4 and 5.
You may also want to watch:
Dad's Army Live will be taking place on May 24 and 25.
The Royal Train episode of the much-loved comedy series was filmed at Weybourne station over 40 years ago.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 7 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 8 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
Diesel engines will takeover the line for the Diesel Gala on June 13, 14 and 15.
The railway's unique 90-year-old wooden-bodied coach train will be in service for the Quad Arts Week from July 5-13.
Attention will move from engines to cars in the summer for the Vintage Transport Festival on July 5 and 6.
More than 300 classic cars, commercial vehicles and buses will be on show at the Holt station.