A warm invite from the Spinto Band
COLIN WILSON Following the release of their highly acclaimed debut album, Nice and Nicely Done, the Spinto Band return to the UK for a mini-tour in support of forthcoming single, Oh Mandy, and play Norwich Arts Centre on Thursday night, August 24.
Following the release of their highly acclaimed debut album, Nice and Nicely Done, the Spinto Band return to the UK for a mini-tour in support of forthcoming single, Oh Mandy, and play Norwich Arts Centre on Thursday night, August 24.
The Spinto Band first touched down on these shores last October, following a glowing performance at last year's CMJ in New York City.
Since then the band have received rapturous support from UK radio from Zane Lowe, Steve Lamacq, Jo Whiley and playlists on XFM and BBC 6 Music, making them one of the most hotly tipped acts of this year.
They also played to excitable crowds on their first national UK tour in January with some gigs being attended by what can only be described as Spintoettes, stage invading female fans with their own strange dance routines and home-made Spinto T-shirts.
The Spinto Band hail from Wilmington, Delaware. They are Nick Krill (vocals/guitar), Jon Eaton (guitar), Thomas Hughes (vocals/bass), Jeff Hobson (drums), Sam Hughes (keyboards) and Joe Hobson (guitars). Utilizing an indie pop sensibility that brings to mind the Flaming Lips and Pavement, their songs can send you careening into the heights of lysergic bliss. With rich, textured guitars, and multi-part vocal harmonies, the Spinto Band's repertoire is a maelstrom of indie perfection.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 8 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 9 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 10 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
Nice and Nicely Done was recorded last summer in Nashville. From the bittersweet opener Did I Tell You, through the elegant, mandolin-led Oh Mandy, the Spinto Band have produced an album of warm, inviting gems.
In addition to playing South by South West earlier this year, the band have recently toured the US with the Artic Monkeys. Doors 8pm. Tickets at £6.50adv/£7.50door from NAC box office 01603 660352