A replica Batmobile attracted lots of superheroes to Norwich’s Castle Mall today
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Hundreds of tiny superheroes were keeping the peace in Norwich today at a Superhero Fun Day event in the Castle Mall, with both children and parents dressing up as their favourite comic book characters.
Youngsters posed with Batman and the replica Batmobile, and created their own superhero outfits at pop-up craft stations, complete with a mask, a shield and a cape.
The Ninja Turtles, Spiderman and Wonder Woman were also on hand for photographs, delighting the children in attendance.
Harriet, 7, after posing with Superman and Wonder Woman, said: 'I like the costumes because they look really cool. I liked them both equally.'
Adam Lockhurst, 24, who dressed as Batman with his family, said: 'Batman was my idol as a child. It gives the kids something to look forward to and it's a chance for them to meet their heroes.'
Cinema tickets were given to children with the most creative outfits, with many dressed as the Hulk, Iron Man and Thor among others.
The Batmobile proved to be the main attraction, and there were long queues for photos with the custom-built automobile and the protector of Gotham City.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 8 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 PRESSER: Spurs v City - Rashica major injury blow; Normann also out
The legendary vehicle's design is based on a jet engine and war machinery, producing the sleek, dark armour plated motor that became famous after the 1989 movie.