A ‘half lady’ and optical illusions among new attractions at North Walsham Magic Kingdom venue
- Credit: Archant
New mind-boggling tricks and shows are planned for the second year of north Norfolk's big magic attraction.
Davenport's Magic Kingdom at North Walsham opens for the season on April 3 - with a new corridor of optical illusions and an expanded theatre.
But the venue is also hosting a range of private functions, from an apprenticeship conference to a wedding reception.
Owner Roy Davenport said he was also thrilled that it was now running third out of 270 Norfolk tourist attractions ranked on the TripAdvisor website for visitor ratings.
'We are overjoyed to be third, having come from nowhere,' he said.
'People are saying we are a different experience, - something that is not a museum with things behind glass. It is entertainment and fun.'
The Magic Kingdom opened last May and was now gearing up for a second busier year having moved from the building stage to adding extra exhibits and artefacts.
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 7 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 8 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 9 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 10 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
The optical illusions, called Eye Wonder, would feature more than 20 gadgets to trick the brain and eye, said Mr Davenport.
'They are very interactive with things and buttons to push. Youngsters will love them,' he added.
Yvette the Headless Lady was being replaced by Gloria the Living Half Lady, who exists only from the waist up. It is one of a series of restored 1950s tricks.
There would also be new shows in the Old Magic Shop and fresh tricks from the Witch introducing people to the Tudor Norwich room.
The theatre is being enlarged from 80 to 118 seats and there are plans for visiting guest magicians, open mic nights, jazz and burlesque evenings.
And the venue is hosting a ventriloquism day on May 29, a visit by 300 Beaver Scouts, a corporate awards banquet, wedding reception and will be promoting itself as a venue for Christmas parties.
It is also home to the family collection of magic tricks stretching back centuries.
For more information call 01692 405254 or visit the website davenportsmagickingdom.co.uk