A Day of the Dead event is coming to Norwich
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A celebration of the Mexican holiday, Day of the Dead, will take place in Norwich this November.
Hosted by Day of the Dead UK Tour, the event is to be held at OPEN on Friday, November 10.
Kicking off at 9.30pm the festivities will include Europe's largest confetti cannons, skull face painting, live percussionist performances, piñatas and acrobats.
Day of the Dead, also known as Dia de Muetos, traditionally involves gatherings to remember loved ones who have died and help support their spiritual journey. The occasion is also observed through festivals and parades.
Organisers said: 'In the last few years, Day of the Dead has exploded in popularity and this year we've decided to go massive. Think carnival atmosphere, candy skulls all over the place, and real Latin American flair!'
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the event are on sale now, priced at £17.90.
For more information visit fatsoma.com/day-of-the-dead-/m81v7ohu/day-of-the-dead-norwich
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 3 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 7 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 10 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened