A Day of the Dead event is coming to Norwich
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A celebration of the Mexican holiday, Day of the Dead, will take place in Norwich this November.
Hosted by Day of the Dead UK Tour, the event is to be held at OPEN on Friday, November 10.
Kicking off at 9.30pm the festivities will include Europe's largest confetti cannons, skull face painting, live percussionist performances, piñatas and acrobats.
Day of the Dead, also known as Dia de Muetos, traditionally involves gatherings to remember loved ones who have died and help support their spiritual journey. The occasion is also observed through festivals and parades.
Organisers said: 'In the last few years, Day of the Dead has exploded in popularity and this year we've decided to go massive. Think carnival atmosphere, candy skulls all over the place, and real Latin American flair!'
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the event are on sale now, priced at £17.90.
For more information visit fatsoma.com/day-of-the-dead-/m81v7ohu/day-of-the-dead-norwich
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen