A Channel 4 series is looking for period homes in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Home owners stuttering over giving their homes a face-lift have the opportunity to take part in a new Channel 4 series.
Giving period properties a modern makeover is all in a day's work for architect and television presenter George Clarke and now he is on the hunt for homes in Norfolk.
His new series by Amazing Productions is called House Rules and aims to conquer design dilemmas and make the most of historic features.
He said: 'Norfolk is a very special area with an amazingly diverse architectural heritage. The geology of the area is fascinating - local people have always been resourceful and used whatever they have to hand. One set of villages will be flint, the next will be carstone then chalk.
'Because of Norfolk's isolation its buildings have retained a unique character, making them quite different from the rest of the UK. There wasn't the mass Victorianisation of market towns that other parts of the country had.'
The makeover-guru has hosted a handful of shows for Channel 4, including The Restoration Man, The Home Show and George Clarke's Amazing Spaces.
Now, he has turned his gaze to Norfolk and it's abundance of period homes to help families fast forward into the 21st century while discovering the hidden gems masked by wallpaper and tired tiling.
- 1 First look inside north Norfolk's new £12.7m leisure centre
- 2 Controversial new speed camera to be reinstalled despite objections
- 3 Woman found dead at home described as 'calm' and friendly
- 4 Mum's tribute to 'amazing' son amid mental health plea
- 5 A47 closed near Necton after several crashes
- 6 Weather warning as strong winds set to hit Norfolk this weekend
- 7 Pud the rescue dog returns home after two-day adventure around Norwich
- 8 Lorry driver fined after concrete blocks fell on £50,000 Tesla car
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in King's Lynn
- 10 Fear of GP exodus as surgeries face 'insurmountable' pressure and abuse
He added: 'My house rules will help everyone answer their most difficult home questions.'
The House Rules team are looking for homes of all sizes, from all periods and are even reaching out to owners of listed properties.
Any budding-renovators should contact the House Rules team on email@example.com
- If you have a news story, email firstname.lastname@example.org