A Channel 4 series is looking for period homes in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Home owners stuttering over giving their homes a face-lift have the opportunity to take part in a new Channel 4 series.
Giving period properties a modern makeover is all in a day's work for architect and television presenter George Clarke and now he is on the hunt for homes in Norfolk.
His new series by Amazing Productions is called House Rules and aims to conquer design dilemmas and make the most of historic features.
He said: 'Norfolk is a very special area with an amazingly diverse architectural heritage. The geology of the area is fascinating - local people have always been resourceful and used whatever they have to hand. One set of villages will be flint, the next will be carstone then chalk.
'Because of Norfolk's isolation its buildings have retained a unique character, making them quite different from the rest of the UK. There wasn't the mass Victorianisation of market towns that other parts of the country had.'
You may also want to watch:
The makeover-guru has hosted a handful of shows for Channel 4, including The Restoration Man, The Home Show and George Clarke's Amazing Spaces.
Now, he has turned his gaze to Norfolk and it's abundance of period homes to help families fast forward into the 21st century while discovering the hidden gems masked by wallpaper and tired tiling.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 10 Norfolk scenes cut from Netflix's Sutton Hoo film The Dig
He added: 'My house rules will help everyone answer their most difficult home questions.'
The House Rules team are looking for homes of all sizes, from all periods and are even reaching out to owners of listed properties.
Any budding-renovators should contact the House Rules team on email@example.com
- If you have a news story, email firstname.lastname@example.org