7 eggcellent events to keep the children entertained in Norwich over the Easter break
- Credit: Angela Sharpe Photography
If you're looking for a way to keep the children entertained over the Easter holidays, look no further. From funfairs to athletics courses, it's all happening in Norwich over the next few weeks.
Chapelfield Gardens, Norwich, April 13-17
Norwich has long hosted an Easter fair and once again this year there is the chance to swing, slide and be whizzed around on the waltzer as the Showman's Guild take over Chapelfield Gardens. Plenty of thrills, plus Easter egg prizes. Great Yarmouth's annual Easter fair this year takes place from April 20-23. All sorts of rides and stalls will be set up on the Market Place, Fullers Hill Car Park and on Brewery Plain Car Park.
Small Stories at Easter
You may also want to watch:
Norwich Castle, April 7/11/12, 10.30am-3.30pm, free with museum admission
Visit the fascinating Small Stories dolls house exhibition then try your hand at activities and crafts to furnish your own dream room. Join Norfolk Record Office to explore the city's historic buildings and junk-model a collaborative construction (April 7) or create miniature print wallpaper (April 11). On April 12 it is Victorian crime and punishment day, take part in a courtroom drama.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 6 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
Chinese State Circus
Royal Norfolk Showground, April 11-16, Tuesday-Friday 2.30pm and 7pm, Saturday 2pm, 4.45pm and 7.30pm, Sunday noon and 3pm
The return of the circus team and the Dynasty show, turning low-tech everyday objects into hi-tech acrobatic equipment. Watch out for hurtling porcelain jars, dynamically spinning plates, balancing upon gigantic pyramids of tables and chairs and a framework of delicate strands of silk supporting cascading aerialists. Tickets from £10, call 0844 4155228
UEA Sportspark, April 12-13
A two day course for eight to 15 year olds to experience a mixture of athletics events, with plenty of running, jumping and throwing. All coaches are qualified through UK Athletics. £30 per child.
Rowing taster event
Norwich Rowing Club, Whitlingham Lane, April 15
Fancy learning to row? Ideal for youngsters and above, join a free two hour taster session with Norwich Rowing Club. Sessions all day from 10am. Book at email@example.com. Those who enjoy it can apply to join a Learn2Row course.
What comes out of an egg?
Norwich Puppet Theatre, April 15, 10.30am-12noon
A family work shop suitable for age three upwards to create puppet creatures that could have come from an egg.
Dance, dance, dance
Various churches, Norwich, April 29
Watch out around all of the city's medieval churches, along with other local Morris sides the Golden Star Morris are aiming to dance at each one.
• Are you hosting an event in Norwich this Easter? let us know in the comments below