5 things to do in Norwich tonight: From the Radical Film Festival to Outdoor Cinema
- Credit: Archant
Looking for something to do this evening? Here's a look at some of the events taking place in the fine city.
• Absurd Person Singular, Maddermarket Theatre, 7.30pm, £8-£12
Directed by Jeffrey Davies, this play by Alan Ayckbourn follows three different couples as they come together at three Christmas parties and encounter the ups and downs of the social ladder.
• Norwich Radical Film Festival, Various locations, Prices vary
The Norwich Radical Film Festival kicks off today with a range of film screenings across the city. Highlights this evening include Brasil Meu Amor, which is showing at Hollywood Cinema at 7pm and Don't Let Them Fool You, a series of shorts which encourage viewers to come to their own conclusions, which is screening at The Forum at 7.30pm. A full programme can be found online and the evening will finish at The Owl Sanctuary for the Opening Night Party.
• The Great Outdoor Cinema Club, Earlham Park, Doors open 6.30pm, £8.80-£13.20
You may also want to watch:
Tonight Pop Up Pictures' Great Outdoor Cinema Club will be hosting a screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show at Earlham Park. The 1975 musical follows a newly engaged couple whose car breaks down in an isolated area leading them to pay a visit to the strange residence of Dr. Frank-N-Furter. Grab a chair or a blanket and enjoy the classic film under the stars.
• West Side Story, Norwich Playhouse, 7.30pm, Call 01603 598598 for availability
- 1 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 2 Eight vehicles involved in Acle Straight crash
- 3 How to get from Norwich to London for just a fiver
- 4 Bryan Adams announces 2022 Norfolk concert
- 5 Superstar acts that are coming to Norfolk next year
- 6 Ban for man caught speeding at 109mph on NDR
- 7 Norwich restaurant nominated for prestigious award
- 8 Care home to close after inspectors brand it unsafe
- 9 Woman's hip broken after 'rugby tackle' by pair of dogs
- 10 Worst in England: Hospital saw just one breast cancer patient on time
Inspired by Shakespeare's classic tale of star-crossed lovers, West Side Story relocates Romeo and Juliet to the Upper West Side of New York. Set in the mid-1950s the musical follows two rival street gangs, the Jets and the Sharks, as the protagonist Tony, a former member of the Jets, falls in love with Maria, the sister of the leader of the Sharks.
Odeon: 18:15, 20:45
Vue: 17:55, 20:00, 22:00
Odeon: 17:50, 20:40
Vue: 20:40, 22:40
Odeon: 17:20, 18:30, 20:20, 21:20
Vue: 17:10, 19:45, 22:35
Hollywood Cinema: 20:10