5 great restaurants in Norwich where you can celebrate World Pasta Day
- Credit: PA
Today's the day to pile your plate high with pasta and eat until your heart's content. Here's a look at some of the places in Norwich where you can go to do just this:
• Trattoria Rustica, 20 Princes Street
This picturesque Italian restaurant housed within a 16th Century building and nestled in-between Norwich's medieval Elm Hill and the Cathedral, boasts a menu brimming with pasta specialities such as Fettucine Romeo and Spaghetti Vongole. Classic dishes like Carbonara, Arrabiata and Bolognese are also available and prices range from £9.95 to £22.95 for a main dish.
• Italia Nostra, 52 St Giles Street
Translated as 'Our Italy', Italia Nostra aims to provide the people of Norwich with an intimate and relaxed Italian dining experience. Their menu contains 16 different pasta dishes, including Spaghetti Marinara made with hot chillies, oven baked lasagna, and cannelloni stuffed with soft cheese, nutmeg, and spinach.
You may also want to watch:
• Paolo's Restaurant, 1 St Giles Street
Paolo's is a family run restaurant in the city centre housed within a quirky art deco building and led by head chef, Paolo Duraj, who moved to Italy when he was 14 years old and fell in love with the cuisine. Here you'll find pasta dishes such as Linguine Primavera, Spaghetti Zuccini and Gnocchi Alla Provenzale made with pepperoni, black olives, capers, sun-dried tomatoes, cream and Gorgonzola cheese.
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 4 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 5 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Jail for 'Jekyll and Hyde' builder who made customer 'fear for her life'
• Pinocchio's Restaurant, 11 St Benedicts Street
Tucked away in the Lanes, Pinocchio's Restaurant offers a Mediterranean menu which features various pasta, pizza, meat and fish dishes. When it comes to the pasta, customers on TripAdvisor recommend trying the Penne Arrabiata, Spaghetti alle Polpette and Tagliatelle Gamberoni e Zucchine. Prices here start from £7.95 for pasta, with the most expensive dish being £21.95.
• Umberto's Ristorante Italiano, 68-70 St Benedicts Street
Umberto first opened his restaurant, Umberto's Trattoria Utalia Pizzeria, in 1992 and since then with the help of his family, he has created a successful, tasty business. Some of the restaurant's most popular items include Pappardelle Buttafuoco, a dish made with thick pasta, fried bacon, chilli, garlic, paprika, mozzarella and tomato sauce, as well as sedani pasta.
• Did your favourite pasta place make it onto the list? Let us know in the comments below.