5 brilliant bakeries you have to visit in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
With The Great British Bake Off finally back on our screens, many will be attempting to whip up tasty pastries that would make Mary Berry proud, but if baking isn't for you, why not leave it to the professionals and head to one of these brilliant bakeries instead.
• Mountain Bakery
Run by Rose Kemmy, a baker with a love for all things Swedish, Mountain Bakery is a Scandinavian micro bakery located upstairs at Gosling and Guzman on Charing Cross. A holiday to Stockholm inspired the bake shop, which officially opened earlier this year, and ever since Rose has been producing a tempting array of buns, pasties, cakes, tarts, loaves and biscuits, mixing flavours to create unique and quirky combinations.
• Bread Source
This artisan bakery on Upper St Giles Street is making a name for itself amongst locals for its award-winning hand crafted bread and pastries. They offer everything from dense sourdoughs to flaky croissants and stepping into their store will make you feel as if you've been transported straight from the fine city to the streets of France.
You may also want to watch:
• Dozen Artisan Bakery
Dozen promise their customers nothing less than the finest bread and pastries from their bakery on Gloucester Street and if their customer reviews on Twitter are anything to go by, then they certainly deliver. Catrin Darsley said: 'the best focaccia I've had outside of Italy', while Samuel Le Good thought there was 'no better way to start the day off' than with one of their pastries.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 5 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 6 Brothers take wedding bookings for 2022 after finishing barn project
- 7 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change
• Pye Baker of Norwich
The Pye Baker Bakery and Cafe is located at 132 Dereham Road and is a haven for foodies, offering a wide selection of baked goods from dreamy dark chocolate teacakes to crisp homemade meringues. As well as traditional bakery treats, the cafe also offer a range of lunchtime specials and know how to brew a mean cup of coffee.
• Crusty Corner Bakery
This independent, family run bakery is a favourite among locals, who often abandon their vehicles up and down Bell Road in their haste to get their hands on Crusty Corner's freshly baked bread, cakes, cookies, scones, cup cakes and savoury pastries. From filled rolls to bespoke birthday cakes, this place can do it all.
• Did your favourite bakery make the list? Let us know in the comments below.