4 Norfolk businesses which have featured on Channel 4 show Four in a bed
- Credit: Steve Adams
As a Norfolk Inn pops up on our screens on Four in a Bed, we take a look back at some of the other B&Bs and hotels which have had their five minutes of fame on the popular Channel 4 show.
• Sugar Beat, Swainsthorpe
The Sugar Beat Eating House in Swainsthorpe, formerly the Dun Cow, emerged victorious from Four in a Bed in 2015, after fending off three competing establishments, including the Fritton Arms in Fritton. Stevie King and Dave Lovett represented the establishment on the show and said: 'We received really positive feedback from people after the show, some negative too but you can't please everyone.'
• Chimneys bed and breakfast, North Walsham
Jenny Harmer and her B&B in North Walsham featured on Four in a Bed from June 25-29 2012. The couple decided to have a royal theme for the show and re-named their larger B&B rooms The Buckingham Room and The Sandringham Room, styling the smaller twin room The Clarence Room, after the late Queen Mother's home, Clarence House. They also dotted patriotic paraphernalia around their home, sparking the row with a non-native B&B-owning guest.
You may also want to watch:
• Thomas Paine Hotel, Thetford
The Thomas Paine Hotel has been featured on the show several times before, the most recent of which was in October 2016 when they went up against The Five Bells Hotel near Dover and two others. The hotel, owned by Gez Chetal, is located on Whitehart Street and is built from three 18th century cottages with a Victorian frontage.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
• The Black Swan Inn, Horsham St Faith
The Black Swan Inn featured on Four in a Bed in November 2017. The establishment's manager, James Hall and the owner's son, Adam Neal represented the business on the show.
For more entertainment news, join our new Facebook group Norfolk Going Out.