4 Norfolk businesses which have featured on Channel 4 show Four in a bed
- Credit: Steve Adams
As a Norfolk Inn pops up on our screens on Four in a Bed, we take a look back at some of the other B&Bs and hotels which have had their five minutes of fame on the popular Channel 4 show.
• Sugar Beat, Swainsthorpe
The Sugar Beat Eating House in Swainsthorpe, formerly the Dun Cow, emerged victorious from Four in a Bed in 2015, after fending off three competing establishments, including the Fritton Arms in Fritton. Stevie King and Dave Lovett represented the establishment on the show and said: 'We received really positive feedback from people after the show, some negative too but you can't please everyone.'
• Chimneys bed and breakfast, North Walsham
Jenny Harmer and her B&B in North Walsham featured on Four in a Bed from June 25-29 2012. The couple decided to have a royal theme for the show and re-named their larger B&B rooms The Buckingham Room and The Sandringham Room, styling the smaller twin room The Clarence Room, after the late Queen Mother's home, Clarence House. They also dotted patriotic paraphernalia around their home, sparking the row with a non-native B&B-owning guest.
You may also want to watch:
• Thomas Paine Hotel, Thetford
The Thomas Paine Hotel has been featured on the show several times before, the most recent of which was in October 2016 when they went up against The Five Bells Hotel near Dover and two others. The hotel, owned by Gez Chetal, is located on Whitehart Street and is built from three 18th century cottages with a Victorian frontage.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 6 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars
• The Black Swan Inn, Horsham St Faith
The Black Swan Inn featured on Four in a Bed in November 2017. The establishment's manager, James Hall and the owner's son, Adam Neal represented the business on the show.
For more entertainment news, join our new Facebook group Norfolk Going Out.