4 amazing Asian restaurants in Norfolk you need to try
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Fancy something a little spicy? Why not check out some of the great Asian restaurants Norfolk has to offer...
The House, Norwich
Located on Queens Road, close to St Stephen's roundabout, The House takes pride in offering authentic Thai food in a relaxed and modern dining space. The head chef has honed his skills in various kitchens across Thailand and each dish is homemade. The a la carte menu includes dishes such as Thai green curry, jungle curry, drunken noodles and crispy beef stir fry.
Shiki Japanese Restaurant, Norwich
Fans of sushi will love this restaurant in Tombland specialising in Japanese cuisine. In order to help customers have the best dining experience possible, the eatery's menu is made up of otsumami, which are not too substantial but shareable dishes so that everyone can try a bit of everything. Best sellers include bento boxes (set meals served in lacquered boxes) which can include everything from miso soup to katsu curry, as well as the restaurant's signature dish Sushi Lover made up of assorted sushi and sashimi.
You may also want to watch:
Singtong Thai, Diss
A quiet retreat to head out to for a great weeknight meal or a popular spot for a Friday night takeaway this family-run restaurant on St Nicholas Street in Diss. Tasty items on the menu to sink your teeth into include chilli beef, the spiciness of which can be altered to suit your preferences, tempura vegetables and pad Thai. Make sure to also get yourself some of the spicy prawn crackers – you won't regret it!
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 9 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 10 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
Ciscoe's Pan Asian and Sushi, Norwich
Francisco 'Cisco' Papica went straight from school in the Philippines to work as a porter in a busy kitchen, fascinated by what the chefs were creating around him he went on to gain crucial hands-on experience producing culinary delights from across the Far East. His travels eventually brought him to Europe where he was talented spotted by entrepreneur Ian Cooke and together they opened Ciscoe's Pan Asian. The restaurant offers a wide range of dishes from simple street food to sushi and teppanyaki.